As you know the Wuhan virus spread is becoming very alarming. As more cases become known and the concern level rises, the latest announcement from government is all the school should open until 17th, Jan. So we need to prepare a solution and let our school have a online learning to our student. The good news for our school is we already widely used Teams and Onenote Class notebook in our whole campus, so it will easier for us to deploy the whole solution. Here is what we can do from Office 365 platform:
- Use Teams as their primary platform to post assignments and resources. Essentially, Teams will function as the classroom for teachers and students.
- Create independent study materials so that students can continue to learn over a period of up to 3 weeks. These materials may include:
- Video demonstrations, screen casts, etc.
- Links to print, video & audio resources
- Assignment sheets
- Study guides
- Organize the materials in the form of a syllabus to cover specified numbers of class periods. Teachers will be encouraged to post work and information for students that spans more than one class period.
- Communicate with students through Outlook and/or Teams and be available for questions throughout the day. In addition, students will be encouraged to submit assignments through Teams.
- Provide feedback to students on their work through Outlook, Teams or other digital communication tools.
Let’s take a look that how to run the online lesson on Teams now.
- Open you teams and click into “Post” tab. Then select the audio meeting icon like the screenshot below.
2. Click into Schedule a meeting to modify the detail setting for the audio meeting.
3. Type in all the detail info depend on your needs and save the meeting.
4. All the member in this teams will get a notification on their calendar so that they can join the online lesson from the link.
5. Teacher should join the online lesson earlier so that they can prepare everything.
6. Click “…” like the screenshot below and select “Blur my background” and “Start recording”.
7. The Online lesson is ready to go, if you want to share any noted, pls click with the following icon like the screenshot below.
8. Decide to share your whole screen or only the app you want to present.
9. Depend on what kinds of tool you use if your class, like onenote class notebook. After you share your screen to your kids, you can jump to the class notebook page so that everyone can share the noted together.
10. After you close the online lesson, the recording video will directly upload to stream. Depend on how long have to record the video, it will take a while for the system to save your recording file and end user will easy to find the recording video on their Teams. So any kids missing the training can check the record video anytime they want.
11. This is how does it looks like after Teams member click into the recording video.
12. Teacher will also find their recording video on their own stream and they can decide to share to the other people which is not in the Teams.
13. Teacher will also get an email notification after the recording video is ready.
At the end, I have to clarify again. We can use Teams well in Guangzhou but it doesn’t mean it will also works well around the whole country. So pls do some testing at your end first before you start to deploy the whole solution.