If you want to read all my new article at once, feel free to scan the following QR code to follow my wechat account.
Microsoft Teams is an online learning tools which has a good security protection policy to guarantee we can run a security online meeting in our classes. Meanwhile, you can set some policy to limited the capability with different account during the meeting. I already mention this policy at 9th, Feb. However, I just want to repost it again and explain it more clearly so everyone will know how to manage a meeting policy with Teams.
- Schedule a meeting in your class Teams like the screenshot below.
2. Set a name for your meeting and fill out all information if you need.
3. Go back to the post tab and click “…” with the meeting then choose “View meeting details”.
4. Choose the Meeting option like the screenshot below. Noted: The meeting option only will show up after the meeting has been created, you won’t see this icon when you are creating the meeting.
5. There is a pop up windows come out from your browser and allow you to change the meeting options for your Teams meeting. Under the “Who can present” tab, make sure to choose the “Only me” and save it. In this case, student will change the role to attendees with the meeting.
6. Let me switch to a student account to join the meeting.
7. You can see that as my test account role has been change to attendee. So some of the features will limited. Like the share desktop icon will change to gray and you won’t allow to click it.
8. Meanwhile, I can’t mute the Teacher or student anymore as my role has change to attendees.
9. So let me switch back to a teacher account and join the meeting. We can click into the people icon like the screenshot below, click into the “…” with student’s test account and make his account as a presenter.
10. There will be a alarm windows come out and let you know that once the student role has change to presenter, they will got the following advance feature. Click “Change” if you confirm with.
11. Let’s take a look with the what student can do after I change their role to presenter. They can mute the teacher now.
12. Meanwhile they can share their screen in their class. Noted: You can downgrade their role to attendees after they finish their presentation.
13. The following forms list the different between different role in Teams meeting, if you want to know more detail, feel free to click into the link below: