If you want to ready all my new article at once, feel free to scan the following QR code to follow my wechat account.
Teams is one of the most popular product around the world these days especially lots of company or school using it for online learning or home office. However, no matter how power the solution you using but there must be deficiencies compare with the others. Just like as we use Teams as our online learning during these days, but some school also prefer to using Zoom for online learning. There are lots of cross-over feature with these two applications, let’s take a look with the screenshot made by Sandra Chow from Keystone. Thanks for her again that allow me to put in my article.
Noted: Base on my test, integrate Zoom with Teams is free, If I got the new version from Sandra, I will update on my article.
Is there any way for us to have a win-win solution? Both solution is good enough to used it and I really don’t want to miss them. Even they have a lots of cross over part, but sometime they really don’t need to fight together.
Well, I mention lots of time for my previous articles, Teams is a hub. It not only can bring all MS service into one place but also can add lots of third part service with it. So the Integration form Teams and Zoom is possible. There is a win-win solution.
Here is the HOW TO and show you integrate Zoom with Teams.
- Click “…” on the left hand side for Teams client and select “More apps”.
2. Search Zoom app and double click with it.
3. Click “Add” to install zoom plugin for Teams.
4. Here is what does the Zoom page look like after you install it. You will get a zoom logo on the left hand side for Teams client from now on.
5. Click “My Meeting” and select sign in to initialize for Zoom.
6. Click “SIGN UP, IT’S FREE” to sign up your account. If you already have a zoom register account, you can directly login your account.
7. Suggest to sign up your account base on your school’s email address so it will easier to add the meeting into O365 calendar.
8. Once you type in your email address, there is a confirmation email will send to your mailbox.
9. Open you email and activate your zoom account with their email.
10. Type in your name and account for Zoom account.
11. Check the box “I’m not a robot” and click “Skip this step”.
12. Change the language and time zone if you need.
13. Combine Zoom into your office 365 calendar. If you are a google user, select google.
14. Choose “Authorize with EWS” then type in your Office 365 login info.
15. Check these two boxes if you need.
16. lick “SIGN IN”.
17. Sign in your zoom account.
18. Click “Accept”.
19. Login with your office 365 account and check the box like the screenshot below.
20. Start the meeting like the screenshot below.
21. Set a name for your Zoom Meeting.
22. Click “Join Now” to join you Zoom meeting
23. Download the zoom meeting.
24. Open the Zoom app you just download it.
25. Copy the invitation URL and share to attendees.
26. Start the meeting. And the Zoom plugin will get the same interface with Zoom client. Like you can share your screen, recording your meeting etc.
27. Zoom will convert meeting recording file if you select record the meeting after the meeting finish.
28. You can decide to choose the location for the recording file.
29. You can share your recording video from the local computer to the cloud if you want if anyone miss the meeting.
In this case, you can get a win-win solution with Teams and Zoom. Combine these two applications and let them to work together maybe a cool idea you should try it later.